Friday, June 22, 2007

RainS-n Me



Till now whenever I used to see the sight, when the clouds became dark, the air became moist and smelt wet, I knew it was my time to go out on my bike to have ride, a ride in the rain, every year I have been doing the same. But this time, I was not quite excited about the rains at all. Now, rains meant dirty clothes, dirty shoes in short dirty office attire. And hence I somehow wished that whenever I travelled, rains should NOT accompany me. But as usual, the opposite of what I think happens and same thing happened this time too.

Just a couple of days before the very accurate weatherman predicted that rains would be coming to see Ahmedabad in a few days which meant that there was still time. But just as I left my office at around 5.45 p.m, which was early compared to my usual time out, for my home which is just about 38kms from my office, the hot atmosphere was turning even more humid, the clouds were coming dark n grey which seemed that they would gallop all the light, and as I travelled 10kms, downpour started and I felt, damn there goes my office dress. But this change in me of not liking driving in rain couldn’t remain permanent.

This being the schedule everyday, driving down the highway back home alone with music on, became boring. Something happened, I stopped at a place, switched off the walkman, kept in the bag, removed the helmet and started to travel, getting wet in the rain, something which I have been doing all this years, and there; it did it. This was always my style and liking and this, even with the changes in me during recent times was something which was refusing to go. And as they always say “whatever happens, happens for good”-the ride back home in the rains was the best and I enjoyed it to the fullest .Period.

No comments: